This Champions breakfast is rich in vitamin C and iron with eggs, spinach and leeks that will super-charge your morning.
1½ tbsp. Rapeseed oil, plus a splash extra
2 Trimmed leeks, sliced
2 Garlic cloves, sliced
½ tsp. Coriander seeds
½ tsp. Fennel seeds
Pinch of chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
2 Large eggs
2 tbsp. Greek yogurt
Squeeze of lemon
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the leeks and a pinch of salt, then cook until soft.
- Add the garlic, coriander, fennel and chilli flakes. Once the seeds begin to crackle, tip in the spinach and turn down the heat.
- Stir everything together until the spinach has wilted and reduced, then scrape it over to one side of the pan.
- Pour a little oil into the pan, then crack in the eggs and fry until cooked to your liking.
- Stir the yogurt through the spinach mix and season.
- Pile onto plate.
- Top with the fried egg, squeeze over a little lemon and season with black pepper and chilli flakes to serve.