Its winter and this amazing comfort food is sure to keep you warm on a cold night. I just love experimenting with broccoli and have given this dish a little bit of an Asian twist so just go bang bang with the sweet and spicy flavors
For Bang Bang Sauce
1/4 Cup Mayo
2 tbsp. Chili paste
1 tbsp. Agave nectar
1 Cup Almond milk
1 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
3/4 Cup All-purpose flour
1/2 Cup Cornstarch
1 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Hot sauce
And the rest
2 Cup Panko bread crumbs
1 Head of Broccoli
Oil for frying
Chives for garnish
- Make the sauce, whisk together the mayo, chilli paste and agave in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Make the batter, add the apple cider vinegar to the almond milk in a small bowl and let sit for a few minutes to make buttermilk. Add the flour, cornstarch, and salt to a medium sized mixing bowl, then add the hot sauce and almond milk mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk together until combined.
- Put the panko in a separate bowl.
- Cut broccoli into florets, then heat the oil on medium high in a large pan, you need about 1/2-1 inch of oil at the bottom of the pan.
- Dip each floret of broccoli in the batter, then into the panko and coat thoroughly.
- Once the oil is hot add the broccoli to the hot oil. Fry for about a minute or two on each side, or until brown and crispy.
- Drizzle with sauce and serve immediately.