The best thing about sweet potato is that they are versatile so can mash them, bake them or even fry them. These crispy smashed sweet potatoes go one step ahead when topped with fresh parsley garlic butter and parmesan.
4 medium sweet potatoes
Cooking Oil spray
6 tbsp. melted butter
4 cloves garlic, pressed
1 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
4 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Trim off the ends of the sweet potatoes.
- Cut each sweet potato into quarters .
- Place sweet potatoes in a large pot of salted water.
- Bring to the boil; cook, covered for 20 -25 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Bake sweet potato pieces for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet or tray with cooking oil spray.
- Arrange sweet potatoes onto the sheet and use a fork to flatten each piece (try not to press too hard or they will end up breaking and mashed).
- Mix together the butter, garlic and parsley. Pour the mixture over each sweet potato.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Grill for 15 minutes until golden and crispy
- Remove from oven and sprinkle parmesan cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot