This popular Arabian appetizer means “Reddened” in Arabic. It has a rich texture and the recipe is a creamy roasted red pepper and walnut dip that’s full of flavor.
3 roasted red bell peppers seeded, cored and peeled
1/2 cup toasted walnuts coarsely chopped
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 clove of garlic
1 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. pomegranate molasses
1 tbsp. cumin
1/2 tbsp. red chili flakes (Optional but believe me, use it. That little heat will make it taste better)
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Garnish: Olive oil and walnut
Optional garnishes: Minced bell pepper and or chopped parsley
- Place the roasted peppers, walnuts, breadcrumbs, garlic, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, cumin and red pepper flakes in the bowl of a food processor. Process until combined.
- With the motor running, gradually add the oil until the mixture is smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If desired, top with a drizzle of olive oil, walnuts, minced bell pepper and parsley.
- Serve with pita bread, crackers or sesame bread sticks (Shuu… Don’t tell anyone… sesame bread sticks taste awesome with the dip!!!)
Estmtaa Be Wajbatk…