Mouth-watering Arabian flavors spring to life in this super-healthy easy salad. Fattoush is a bread salad made from toasted or fried pieces of pita bread combined with mixed greens and other vegetables.
1 head romaine lettuce, cut into strips
3 Cucumbers, diced
7 Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 large red onion, julienne cut
5 small radishes, cut into slices
¼ Cup chopped fresh mint
¼ Cup chopped fresh parsley
2 small pita breads, cut into 1 inch squares
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. lemon juice
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. sumac
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Start with preparing the croutons by heating 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan over medium high heat until hot.
- Add the pita pieces and sauté for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove and let it cool.
- Combine the lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, radishes and herbs in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, sumac and salt / pepper in a small bowl and whisk vigorously.
- Add the croutons to the salad and mix gently.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until evenly coated.
- Move the salad into a serving bowl and garnish with mint and additional pita croutons.