Dill Potato fritters is a deliciously quick and easy recipe to make – they make a tasty snack that even kids will love. It is fabulous as an accompaniment to a bigger meal like a barbecue and salads.
700gms Potatoes shredded and moisture squeezed out
300g finely chopped Dill (You can use various other herbs instead of Dill too)
½ Cup flour
6 cloves of garlic, pressed
1 cup Breadcrumbs
1 tbsp. of hot pepper (Optional)
Vegetable oil for shallow frying
1 cup Tahini
Juice of 2 lemons
Salt to taste
- Shread the potatoes (you can use the thicker setting on a cheese grater) and squeez and remove as much moisture as possible as this will affect the texture of the fritters.
- In a deep skillet, pour in enough oil for shallow frying (you want to cover about half of the fritter patty) and adjust heat to medium-high
- Combine the shredded potatoes, chopped dill, 4 cloves pressed garlic, hot pepper, salt, flour and breadcrumbs.
- Mix well and then shape into palm-sized patties. Carefully place them into the hot oil using a slotted spoon. Fry on each side for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside to cool for a minute on grease proof paper.
- Serve hot with Tarator sauce
Instructions – Tarator Sauce
- Mix the Tahini with 2 pressed garlic and juice of 1 lemon.
- Dilute this paste with some warm water till you reach a creamy consistency.
- Add more lemon and salt to taste.